Advertise for Free
Advertise for Free

Aston Martin DB6 1967

General description : The DB6 was launched at the London Motor Show in 1965 following on from the highly successful DB5, immortalised by the 1964 James Bond film 'Goldfinger'. The front end of the DB6 was visually similar to the DB5 but on closer inspection revealed quite a different car. The wheelbase was lengthened giving additional passenger space in the rear along with a raised roof line. The profile of the rear quarter lights echoed those of the DB4GT Zagato, a styling theme that continued through to the DBS and V8 models until production finished in 1990. Both front and rear bumpers were split into two pieces and the rear of the car was re-styled with a Kamm tail which helped reduce aerodynamic drag and gave the car more stability at speed. The engine remained the same as the DB5 unit, a 3995cc twin overhead cam, straight six with triple SU carburettors producing a claimed 282bhp.
 
This right-hand drive automatic DB6 Mk. I coupé is superbly finished in Dubonnet Red with a Connolly Black leather interior. With only four owners from factory completion in 1967 and a copy of the original build sheet from Lex Garages (H.R Owen) listing the ordered factory options from Aston Martin, this is possibly the finest DB6 currently for sale.
 
The car was partially restored in 1984 by the first owner, supported by invoices and photos. After many a year of enjoyment the car was put up for sale by its first owner in 2002. It has been purchased by a keen Aston Martin enthusiast who maintained the car until 2004. The third owner undertook a full ground up nut and bolt restoration with work carried out by well known Aston-Martin Specialists, again supported with two detailed files of documented history and photographic reference to the restoration.
 
Sitting proudly on chrome wire wheels, her gleaming coachwork and superb interior make this Dubonnet Red DB6 a delightful example. As ever, the secret to this car's success lays in Aston Martin's tradition of sublime design with no extraneous embellishment.
 
Bespoke financial arrangements are available to assist in the purchase of this car.

1967 Aston Martin DB6 is listed for sale on ClassicDigest in Chiswick by Landmark Car Company for Not priced.

 

Car Facts

Car type : Car Make : Aston Martin Model : DB6 Engine size : 4.0 Model Year : 1967 Sub type : Coupé Location : Chiswick Vehicle Registration : Undefined

Not priced

Seller Information

Landmark Car Co
Landmark Car Company
+44 208 747 5930
Contact Seller

ClassicDigest Market Radar on Aston Martin DB6

$ £

People who viewed this Aston Martin DB6 also viewed similar Aston Martin listed at ClassicDigest

Aston Martin DB6
349950 £
Surrey
Aston Martin DB6
339000 €
Bielefeld
Aston Martin DB6
1095000 $
Emeryville
Aston Martin DB6
860000 €
Wehntalerstrasse 25 CH-8165 Oberweningen, Switzerland
Aston Martin DB6
Stansted

Other cars listed for sale by this dealer

Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud SIII
Chiswick
Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud SIII
Chiswick
Porsche 356
Chiswick
Porsche 356
Chiswick
Porsche 356
Chiswick
About Aston Martin
Aston Martin, one of Britain's best known sports car manufacturer, was founded in 1913 by Lionel Martin and Robert Bamford.

During its chequered financial history the company has had numerous owners taking over the company, Sir David Brown just to mention one.

Between the wars Bertelli was both technical director and designer of all new Aston Martins, thus known as "Bertelli cars". These included the 1½-litre "T-type", "International", "Le Mans", "MKII" its racing version, the "Ulster", and the 2-litre 15/98 and its race going derivative, the "Speed Model".

During the war years the company produced aircraft components.

In 1947, Aston was purchased and thus saved by Sir David Brown. The company also acquired Lagonda the same year for its 2.6-litre W. O. Bentley-designed engine. Both companies shared resources and workshops creating the iconic "DB" series of cars. In 1950, they presented the DB2, followed by the DB2/4 in 1953, the DB2/4 MkII in 1955, the DB Mark III in 1957.

DB4 with its strong Italian flavor and construction was introduced in 1958. The lightweight superleggera (tube-frame) body was designed by Carrozzeria Touring in Milan. Although the design and construction techniques were Italian, the DB4 was the first Aston to be built at the company's Newport Pagnell works in Buckinghamshire, England. The six-cylinder engines of these cars from 1954 up to 1965 were designed by Tadek Marek. Despite initial problems with cracking engine blocks DB4 was a success that really established the make together with its later derivates DB5, of James Bond Goldfinger fame, and more civilized DB6 Grand Tourer.

With the all new model DBS in the late 60's the company went to eight cylinder configuration when it was modified to Aston Martin v8 – a sort of Gentleman's muscle car.