Allgemeine Beschreibung :
Newly introduced for 1955, the Jaguar XK140 was broadly similar to, though more refined than, its sensational XK120 predecessor. Major engineering changes being confined to the repositioning of the engine 3" further forward and the adoption of rack-and-pinion steering. Outwardly the newcomer was distinguishable by its revised radiator grille, rear lights incorporating flashing indicators and larger bumpers, the latter adopted to withstand the cut and thrust of urban parking.
Special Equipment (SE) cars came with wire wheels and Lucas fog lamps and could be ordered with the C-type cylinder head for 20 more horsepower. XK140 performance was well up to the standards set by its exemplary predecessor. Contemporary road-tests regularly recording top speed figures in excess of 120mph.
The car we are offering for sale has left the Browns Lane Factory in November 1956, direction Paris. A Mr Pierre Strinatie of Geneva , Switzerland, ordered it via Charles Delacroix, Jaguar Concessionaire in the French Capital.
In 1974, the car was purchased by a doctor, il Signore Zeffirino of Vincenza (Italy), who kept the car for 2 years before selling it to a Mr Dacco, also from Vincenza. Mr Dacco kept the car until his death. His daughter then inherited the XK140 and has subsequently had it restored.
Finished in Mediterranean Blue with Red Hide, this matching numbers Jaguar is in superb condition and also comes with a Heritage Certificate. The restoration detail on this car is second to none. This splendid Jaguar drives as it was when it left the factory. With only 1959 Fixed Head Coupe LHD produced, this is a very rare car to add to a collection, or the perfect automobile to enjoy on a nice Sunday afternoon.
Bespoke fiancial arrangements are available to assist in the purchase of this car.
1956 Jaguar XK140 is listed zu verkaufen on ClassicDigest in Chiswick by Landmark Car Company FOR Preis nicht verfügbar.